About Bright Adventures
Swain County Schools Pre-Kindergarten is a high quality program designed to provide early enrichment in a safe and nurturing environment. Students are selected for the Bright Adventures Program based on a preschool screen completed during registration. Participating children must be four years old by August 31st of the year they enroll or be three years old and identified as a child with special needs. The program operates during the regular school year with each pre-kindergarten classroom serving up to 18 students. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided, and students may apply for free or reduced meal benefits. Children may be transported by parents, or arrangements may be made for bus transportation.
Bright Adventures will follow the Creative Curriculum. Child initiated learning promotes the growth of each child by focusing on:
- Environment- home, school and community comprise the key elements of a child’s world
- Activities- integrated exploratory activities maximize the growth of each child
- Assessment- formal and informal observations guide each child’s development
The Pre-Kindergarten program recognizes the importance of parent involvement by providing opportunities for parent support and education.
- Adventures- parents are encouraged to participate in the classroom
- Parents Meetings- families should plan to attend quarterly meetings
- Home Visits- teachers will schedule visits to the home to share information with families and establish stronger connections
- Parent and Child Time- families are expected to read with their children each night
Title I Part A…
Provides financial assistance to school districts and schools with high percentages of children from low-income families to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards.
Please visit our full Title 1 site here for more information on:
- Parent Engagement
- Parent Involvement
- Parent’s Right to Know
- Testing Transparency
- Family & Community Engagement